✨A Letter To My 14 Year Old Self! ✨

It's a few hours to my birth month and I can't help but think about how far I've come. Two decades and counting, wow! The first thought that comes to my head when I realize I'd be a year older in two days #April2nd# time is, "Damn girl! You sure are getting old." Yeah, I've gotten older but I've realized that not much has changed, I'm still a child at heart looking for true love and trying to find her place in the world. I may have chosen a path already but I sometimes can't help but wonder if it's the right one, the right path. I can't help second guessing myself and asking the ever present question, "Have I made the right choices and decisions?" 
With all these running through my mind, I decided to pen down a letter to myself. 📝
.
.
.
Dear 14year old Self,
     You're amazing! Amazing doesn't even begin to describe you but it'd have to do for now. The decision you made about that issue was brave. You took a risk and though everyone said "be neutral, mind your business, don't get involved." You were wise and strong enough to stand up to them and for what was right. You stood up for yourself, your beliefs and most importantly those you loved. Stop berating yourself for having not done it soon enough, what matters is that you did and not a moment too soon.
     Being the overprotective person you are might have gotten you into a lot of trouble but not to worry you'll get out of them stronger than before. You're wise beyond your years, learn to give yourself more credit, stop over thinking and analyzing things. Always trust your guts and follow your instincts, they'll take you a long way.
     Those who hate you right now don't matter cause you'll outlive them. Stop being so angry! Don't hate those people, they're not worthy of your emotions. You'll bring the much needed peace into the family. You're a born leader and having a rebellious nature isn't something to be ashamed of; rebellion comes with true leadership.
Never you for a moment doubt yourself and your worth. Stop feeling so self conscious cause you've got a beautiful heart and soul and ultimately, that is all that matters.

Yours truly,
Rebel Africa.
.
.
.
If you had an opportunity to talk to yourself years back, what would you say? And at what age did you start finding yourself? My life changed drastically at the age of 14 and it hasn't slowed down since then.
XOXO-Rebel D. 🌹

Comments

Popular Posts