New Week, New Beginnings?

It's 5:12am in the morning and I haven't slept a wink all through the night. Why was I up? Well I got caught up watching "Sex and the City" again and talking with two friends, a guy who's a very close and old friend; and a girl who's a new acquaintance but already very dear to my heart as she's a lot like me.
So let's call the guy 'Richard' and the girl 'Annabelle'. Richard is someone I can comfortably talk to about practically everything, he understands me even when I didn't want to be understood. He is one of those rare breed of friends you just click with and are very much free with and we had a history together. And Annabelle? She was a lot like me to be ignored. Her life story and pasts resonated with mine that it could have been my story. I was astonished when she first told me her story that I couldn't stop thinking to myself that she was my replica or twin from an alternate universe.
Richard was in love with me and so was I but I knew it could never amount to much so I had already brother zoned him before I could develop further feelings for him. He on the other hand didn't get the memo and was far too gone in that department that I was at a loss as to what to do in order to rectify the situation.
Annabelle for one was in love! When she told me, I was so happy it seemed I was the one in love. She proved to me that people like me were not totally lost causes, we can still find love. I guess you just have to keep searching if you really want it but I'd never know as I'm not searching. Am I?
.
.
.
What do you think? Can we still find love? Is love even real? And if it is, do you believe in it?
XOXO-Rebel D 🌹

Comments

  1. I love this piece, I can totally relate, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts