MY YEAR IN REVIEW. 2017, WHAT A YEAR!

It's 3 days to Christmas and I finally stopped procrastinating this post.
2017 *signs* was by far my best and worst year so far. I can't still comprehend how possible it is for something to make me cry and shout happily at the damn same time. I ended 2016 on a terrible note so I wasn't exactly optimistic about the year following it. I was so disoriented that I couldn't do the traditional crossover night; I was at a bad spot physically, spiritually, psychologically, financially and academically. I was ready to throw in the towel and give up but then again I wasn't ready to live in a world without my dreams. *pauses*

January 2017, I was in another man's land trying to figure things out. I felt so alone with so many unfamiliar faces around me, the familiar faces just saw the smile on my lips but not the unshed tears in my eyes. I was so good at hiding the pains they thought I was in paradise. How I survived January, I'll never know.

February 2017 - I was in a daze.

March 2017 - Was no better.

April 2017 - It was my birthday. I was a year older, I suddenly realized I was getting old.

May - Depression.

June - Depression.

July - Depression.

August - Depression.

September - Depression.

October, November... December! 

Here I am today the 22nd day of December, 2017 and somehow I'm still standing strong. I'm here and I'm alive; I didn't just survive, I thrived. 

In all these endless days and months I shed tears of anguish and with my continuous battle with depression, I came out top of my class, I started a blog, I participated in lots of charity work, I still ran a business(es) and financially? Damn, I'm still in shock at my account balance. Summary of it all, 2017 has been one helluva year! *exhales*

But then again, I know God isn't finished with me yet. His plans are just being sketched, it hasn't taken form yet. Jeremiah  29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." He definitely isn't finished with me yet.

Yeah, I still battle with depression and other mental related illnesses but that will be a story for another day and post.

What has your 2017 been like? Please feel free to share your story with me. You never know, you just might inspire someone reading. 

XOXO-Rebel D 🌹

 Jeremiah  29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Comments

Popular Posts